Regent International Hotels Limited ("RIH") together with its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, the "Regent Hotels and Resorts") take your privacy seriously. These are our ten promises to you:
1. Notice. When we collect your personal information, we will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we are collecting, how we will use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
2. Choice. We will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
3. Relevance. We will collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
4. Retention. We will keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
5. Accuracy. We will take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
6. Access. We will provide ways for you to access your personal information as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
7. Security. We will take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
8. Sharing. Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
9. International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer in accordance with the applicable law.
10. Enforcement. We will regularly review how we are meeting these privacy promises, and we will provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, change your marketing preferences or issue a complaint, contact us at:
Regent International Hotels Limited
41 Zhong Shan N. Rd., Section 2
Taipei 104, TAIWAN, ROC
In Asia call toll free at 1 800 7733377 (Singapore)
In Europe call toll free at 0808 234 6686 (United Kingdom)
In the U.S. & Canada call toll free at 866 630 5890 (US/Canada)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective: September 1, 2011
What this Policy Covers.
This policy does not apply to the practices of businesses or Web sites we do not own or control, nor to people we do not employ or manage.
Our site may include links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of RIH. In some cases, when linking to another site you may still see our branding even though you are actually reviewing content provided by a third party. If you submit personal information while on those sites, your information is subject to their privacy policies and you should review those policies.
Your Consent to This Policy.
This Policy is part of the terms and conditions that govern your use of our services. By using our Web Sites, central reservation service, staying at any of the Regent Brand hotels, or by participating in one of our programs, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
Personal information we collect about you.
We collect transactional information (such as your name, email address, telephone number, reservation data) as well as information you actively provide to us (such as your room and other service preferences, special needs and interests, diet preferences and other special meal arrangements), for example, when you book a reservation through our central reservation service, stay at any Regent Brand hotel, or when you modify you personal profile.
You are not required to provide data to us. However, if you elect not to supply the data to us, we may not be to deliver you the special services you desire.
We may enter into strategic relationships with companies outside of the Regent Hotels and Resorts (our "Strategic Partners") who offer products and services that may be of interest to you. If you participate in one of these programs, our Strategic Partner may send us personal information about you as part of our strategic relationship.
We collect personal information about our guests from public sources and from other companies that have the right to share that information with us.
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. We do not store this information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can identify and delete your child's personal information.
Use of your personal information.
We use your personal information:
to provide the information, programs, products and service you request,
to personalize your experience when you stay at a Regent Brand hotel,
to support the functionality and to personalize the layout and content of our Web sites to match your needs, interests and preferences,
to send your promotional messages and special offers based on your privacy preferences
for security and fraud prevention purposes,
to better understand our guests,
to improve our programs, services and Web sites, and
to better market our programs and services.
Choices you have about the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us, and you may change your privacy preferences at any time.
Your privacy preferences will be pre-set at our basic level, which states as follows:
Yes, I would like to receive promotional messages and special offers from the Regent Hotels and Resorts. You will receive marketing communications and special offers from the Regent Hotels and Resorts.
You will also have two other choices:
Yes, I would like to receive special offers from other Regent brand companies and their licensees. If you select this option, you may receive promotional communications from other Regent brand companies and licensees, such as Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
Yes, I would like to receive special offers from other companies selected by RIH on behalf of its guests. If you select this option you may receive promotional communications from carefully selected companies outside the Regent Hotels and Resorts and other Regent brand companies and licensees containing information and offers we believe will be of interest to you.
You may change your privacy preferences at any time by visiting your online profile or by contacting us. We will update your privacy preferences within ten business days from receipt of the request.
If you choose not to receive any promotional communications from us, we will not send you purely promotional messages and will not share your personal information with other companies for marketing purposes. We may still contact you for customer research or administrative purposes, such as confirming a reservation or transaction you've made, informing you of your account status or inviting you to update your online profile. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from other Regent brand companies and licensees, you may need to contact them directly.
If you no longer wish to receive administrative communications from us, you will need to contact us to close your accounts with us.
Sharing of your information with others.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
We share your personal information among the Regent Hotels and Resorts for use in accordance with this Policy.
We share your personal information with Regent Brand hotels, Strategic Partners and/or service providers to provide the information, products and services that you have requested or to personalize your experience.
We share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, such as companies providing application management, marketing support, and technical infrastructure support.
Based upon your privacy preferences, we may share your personal information with other companies Regent brand companies, including their licensees, with other companies selected by RIH, or with Strategic Partners who will use it to send you promotions and special offers they believe will be of interest to you.
Our service providers, Strategic Partners, and Regent Brand hotels are bound by contract to use the personal information we share with them only for the limited purposes for which we provide it to them and to take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. They may not use or share your personal information in a manner that would be inconsistent with our promises to you, and they must comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We may transfer your personal information to another entity that has acquired the stock or substantially all of the assets of RIH, a member of the Regent Hotels and Resorts, or one of its or their operating divisions, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, or reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring entity's use of your personal information will still be subject to this Policy.
There are other limited circumstances in which we may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties, including for example, when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with a law, regulatory requirement, court order, or a subpoena; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect legal rights, property or safety of you, Regent Hotels and Resorts, Regent Brand hotels, or other Regent brand companies, our employees, agents, other guests, or the public in general.
Special Notification for California Residents. Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to the Regent Hotels and Resorts may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or Regent Hotels and Resorts, 41 Zhong Shan N. Rd., Sec. 2, Taipei 104, TAIWAN, ROC. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
Protection of your personal information.
We implement appropriate physical, technical and organizational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and all other unlawful forms of processing.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts information you input and which is certified by the Secure Server Certification Authority.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a reservation or processing on-line purchase transactions. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for verification.
Access to your personal information.
You may update, delete, or correct your key account information at any time by visiting your online profile or by contacting us. If you have additional questions, please contact us. When contacting us, you may be asked to verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 30 days and, in any event, within the time period established under applicable laws. We may limit or deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity, if it involves the disclosure of confidential or sensitive information or is otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Transfer of your personal information outside this country.
Our Web sites and databases currently reside on servers in London, England, but we may at times use supplemental facilities located outside of London, England. Different countries have different data protection laws, some of which provide more protection than others. If and when we transfer your personal information from one country to another country, we take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. By using our Web sites, participating in our programs, or staying at Regent Brand Hotels, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to any country in the world in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
As a global company, we endeavor to provide you with the same outstanding service at any of the Regent Brant Hotels anywhere in the world. To achieve this goal, we have established a global network of offices, data centers, trusted marketing partners, service providers, customer contact centers, and trained associates around the globe. The nature of our business and our operations requires us to transfer your information, including personally identifiable information, to other groups, companies, data centers or service providers that may be located in countries outside of yours. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be a comprehensive as those in your own country, RIH will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is protected and handled as described in this privacy statement.
Web technologies we use to collect information about you
When you visit one of our Web sites, we may use the following Web technologies to collect the following types of information:
· We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our Web sites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
· A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard disk by a Web server. We use "session cookies" to assign a randomly-generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our Web sites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. We use session cookies to support the functionality of our Web sites - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We may also use "persistent cookies." These cookies do not expire when you close your browser, but stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them. Each time you visit our Site, our Web server will recognize the cookie on your computer's hard drive. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. In situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, they can be provided by us automatically saving you time and effort. Assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier also helps us keep a more accurate account of how many people visit our Site, how often they return, how their use of our Site may vary over time, and the effectiveness of our promotional efforts. If you access this Site through an e-mail we have sent you or you've created a "user identity" during one of your visits, the information provided by our or our third party service provider cookies may be linked to information in our records that identifies you personally.
· The pages on this Site may contain electronic images know as "Web beacons" - sometimes called "single-pixel gifs" or "clear gifs." We use these Web beacons to learn more about the ways visitors use our Web sites and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We may also include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may link information obtained using any Web beacons to other information that identifies you personally.
Modifications to this Policy
This Policy may be supplemented or amended by privacy notices ("Privacy Notices") provided at the time we collect specific personal information. In addition, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to this Policy at any time. The level of notice we will provide when we change this Policy will depend on the nature of the change.
If we make only minor changes to this Policy, we will replace this Policy with the new Policy and change the "effective" date at the top of this Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date so that you will know what has changed. Minor changes include, for example, changes to our contact information or the examples contained in a section of this Policy.
By continuing to stay at Regent Brand hotels, participate in our programs, or use our Web sites following such notice you are agreeing to any changes to this Policy. If you do not agree to any changes in our Policy, you must notify us to close your account with us.
How to contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy practices
You may contact us by writing us at:
Regent International Hotels Limited
41 Zhong Shan N. Rd., Sec. 2
Taipei 104, TAIWAN, ROC.
Email: us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by telephone at 1 800 7733377 (Singapore) in Asia, 0808 234 6686 (United Kingdom) in Europe or 866 630 5890 (US/Canada) in the U.S. and Canada. We will respond within 30 days and, in any event, within the time period established under applicable laws.